Help us celebrate our Diamond year!
75 years of growth is no small feat and to celebrate we are throwing a party that will shine for the ages. We are very excited to announce that our official 75th Anniversary Celebration will be at Shawnee Town 1929 on Friday, June 25th, 2021 from 6:30 P.M. to 11:30 P.M. Thank you to our presenting sponsor Sixty16 for supporting this event.
It will be an event similar to our Annual Dinner, held for the first time ever on the grounds of Shawnee Town 1929. This venue showcases the important history of our community so what better place to celebrate our own special, historical anniversary.
💎 Entertainment & Activities 💎
💎 Food & Drink 💎
💎 The Theme 💎
If you've purchased tickets or sponsorships for our Annual Dinner through our Total Resource Campaign, they roll over to this event. We are still finalizing a few last-minute details on sponsorship packages and will announce pricing and options soon. If you already know your company wants tickets or a sponsorship, please contact Brandon Wilcox in our office to secure it ASAP!
2021 75th Celebration Committee Members:
- Chair: Heidi Thummel, GBA
- Auction Co-Chair: Carole Collyard, ReeceNichols - The Collyard Group
- Auction Co-Chair: Jenny Hopelain, ACS Smart Buildings
- Jim Allen
- Parker Amos, Amos Family Funeral Home
- Stevie Amos, Amos Family Funeral Home
- Lori Barngrover, Keller Williams Realty Partners - Lori Barngrover
- Karen Boyd, johnson County Christmas Bureau
- Natalie Gumminger, Metro Electric
- Michelle Hereford, American Family Insurance - Michelle Hereford Agency
- Sonya Jury, Bold Orange Egg
- Jean Nelson, Porter Funeral Homes
- Suzanne Schmidt, Capitol Federal Savings Bank
- Dale Warman
- John Wills, State Farm Insurance
Want to join the 75th Celebration Committee? Let Dustin Wolfe in our office know!
See our current sponsors and available opportunities below!
Interested in promoting your business to over 350+ high-caliber attendees? Looking to support the chamber and celebrate its 75 years of investing in our community?
Consider any of our entry to premium levels of sponsorships! All include tickets as part of their packages, with some sponsorships focusing on reserved seating of larger groups and some focused on high marketing impact. Scroll down to see the full list of all the opportunities we're offering for this wonderful event this year.
Sponsorships are confirmed and secured by connecting with Brandon Wilcox in our office. He is also happy to help answer any questions about the event, tickets, sponsorships, and any other details. Contact him for any questions and to secure your sponsorship or tickets!
Lounge & Speciality Drink Sponsor:
Plate & Napkin Sponsor:
- CommunityAmerica Credit Union
- CoreFirst Bank & Trust
- Cottages at Shawnee
- Frontier Restoration
- Harmon Construction
- Kutak Rock
- Shawnee Gardens Health & Rehab
- State Farm - John Wills/Erin Barrett
- Straub Construction
- UMB Bank
- Binswanger Glass
- Edward Jones - Lance Burnside
- Molly Maid of Johnson County
More info to come soon!
January 25, 2020
Sheraton Overland Park Hotel
Thank you to our presenting sponsor:
Shawnee charted its course for 2020 and is ready to set sail! Thank you to everyone who joined us for a great evening of fine dining, drinks and dancing! It was quite the night thanks to our sponsors, our attendees, and the hard-working planning committee. The program was emceed by Abby Eden of FOX4 and featured remarks by the Presenting Sponsor Kevin Tubbesing, President & CEO Ann Smith-Tate, 2019 Chair of the Board Heidi Thummel of GBA and 2020 Chair of the Board Michelle Herman of Sunflower House.
We also debuted our 2019 Good Starts Here video:
The 2019 Citizen of the Year was also announced and the well-known, former city-councilman Mickey Sandifer was given this great honor. Learn why Mickey was named Citizen of the Year here!
We are so grateful to all of the attendees and sponsors for supporting this event and for those participated in the live and silent auction. Those funds support a variety of programming and scholarships through the Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
We took many photos throughout the evening. Scroll through the gallery below or view the full album here. Pictures can be downloaded directly from Flickr and will also be uploaded to Facebook. Pictures that were taken at the Step and Repeat can be found at the end of the gallery!
Check out pictures from last year's Annual Dinner here:
2020 Annual Dinner Committee
- Michelle Hereford, American Family Insurance, Chair
- Suzanne Schmidt, Capitol Federal Savings, Co-Chair
- Jody Adams, Weaver’s Auto Center, Co-Chair – Auction
- Carole Collyard, ReeceNichols, Co-Chair – Auction