On March 13th, Shawnee Chamber President & CEO Ann Smith-Tate sent an email communication to members addressing our COVID-19 response. We encourage you to read this message and explore our resource page.
Since the initial spur of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have continued to communicate directly with all Shawnee businesses via our social media channels and our COVID update emails. If you'd like to receive those emails, please contact a member of the Shawnee Chamber staff.
Please see helpful grants, programs, and other links all listed below. Scroll through to see what options may be best for you and your business.
Johnson County Community College Cares Act Training
If your job has been affected by COVID-19 Cuts, JCCC can help you get training — for free! Through the federally funded CARES Act, Johnson County Community College's Continuing Education department is offering a variety of programs at little to no cost for those who've experienced reduced hours, furloughs, or even unemployment in Johnson County. It is also an opportunity to train up staff and shift your business model in the wake of COVID. Find out more via the link below!
Paycheck Protection Program 2.0
With the passing of the second stimulus act by Congress in December 2020, the Paycheck Protection Program was once again launched for both first and second-time borrowers. Applications for PPP 2.0 are now open. Please note some modifications to the eligibility of PPP 2.0 have been made, including only businesses with no more than 300 employees being eligible. For more details, please visit the Small Business Administration's website.
Johnson County CARES Act Grants
The Johnson County Government has opened applications for its grant program via CARES Act funding. The grants are managed by the Enterprise Center in Johnson County and can be applied for on their website. Grants are for up to $10,000 and are available for any business that was significantly impacted via COVID-19 in Johnson County with up to 50 employees. Apply for the grants via the link below.
PLEASE NOTE The application period for JoCo CARES Grants has passed. However, grants may be available again in the future so we will keep this information here!
City of Shawnee SERA Grants
The City of Shawnee has recently announced it’s Shawnee Economic Recovery Assistance Grant program. This up to $5,000 grant is a lease assistance program that will assist qualifying, non-essential businesses during this tough economic time. Find out more information by clicking the logo below or visiting this webpage.
PLEASE NOTE The application period for SERA has passed. However, SERA Grants may be available again in the future so we will keep this information here!
Kansas Department of Commerce Back to Business Grants
In August of 2020, the Kansas Department of Commerce and Governor Laura Kelly announced new business-related grants via a CARES Act funding distribution. Among these grants, was the Small Business Working Capital Grant, which is a widely applicable program for any business or organization that was impacted by COVID. However, these grant applications have now closed. For more information about other Kansas Department of Commerce Grants, visit their website.
Watch our webinars!
As we've switched most, if not all, of our event programming to virtual we have been recording our webinars and uploading them to our YouTube channel! Click the image below to visit our YouTube page.
Read our Reopening Toolkit!
Utilize our COVID-19 Reopening Toolkit! We’ve got printable posters and helpful CDC guidance information in it. Click the image below to read it.
Check these articles and content we believe are helpful during COVID-19:
Revised PPP applications via the Small Business Administration: EZ Version & Borrower-Friendly Version
- Sector-specific guidance:
- Restaurants: National Restaurant Association’s Reopening Guidance
- Retailers: National Retail Federation’s Operation Open Doors
- Home service providers: AIHA’s Reopening Guidance for At-Home Service Providers
- Construction businesses: AIHA’s Reopening Guidance for Construction Environments
- Gyms and fitness facilities: AIHA’s Reopening Guidance for Gyms and Workout Facilities
- Office-based businesses: AIHA’s Reopening Guidance for General Office Settings
- Hair and nail salons: AIHA’s Reopening Guidance for Hair and Nail Salons
- Ready to Open: A Playbook for Your Small Business – A step-by-step guide to help your company reopen safely and keep employees and customers healthy and informed as restrictions lift across the country. The playbook includes safety and sanitation guidance, communications advice, and other best practices. Click here
- Standardized Employee Screening Questionnaire – Sample screening questions to ask employees upon return to work and on a regular basis moving forward. This template is based on questions required or recommended by various states as well as input from U.S. Chamber member companies of all sizes and sectors. Click here
- Sector-specific guidance:
Business and Individual Relief:
- Shawnee Economic Recovery Assistance Grants
- The James Beard Foundation Food and Beverage Industry Relief Fund
- Kiva Loan Opportunities
- Restaurant Workers Community Foundation
- Kansas DOC Hospitality Industry Relief Emergency Fund
- Kansas DOL Unemployment Benefits
- Small Business Administration’s Disaster Assistance
- 3 Step Process for SBA’s Disaster Relief Loan Application
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide & Checklist
- Guide to the Employee Retention Tax Credit
- U.S. Treasury’s Paycheck Protection Program Fact Sheet
- Everything You Need to Know About SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- Employer’s Guide to COVID-19 Including Loans, Tax Credits, Unemployment Filings and More…
- Tax Implications of COVID-19
- Financial Response to COVID-19: Things You Can Do For Your Business Now!
- Overview of Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- How Khan Academy Can Be Used For Remote Learning for Your Kids
- Coronavirus complimentary internet for students
- Working Remotely Doesn’t Mean You Can’t Network
- Connect and Collaborate From Anywhere with Google
- Trello’s Advice for Remote Work Success
- 9 Tips To Be Productive When Working At Home During COVID-19
Mental and Physical Health During COVID-19