Shawnee FLEX is hosting a gift card drive for a critical area organization and non-profit: Sunflower House
Shawnee FLEX is the Shawnee Chamber's Young Professionals program targeted toward providing Shawnee and surrounding area Young Professionals (20 and 30-somethings) opportunities to connect, learn more about our community, and give back.
This month they are living into their mission by hosting a gift card drive focused on helping families and children affected by child abuse through the local non-profit Sunflower House. Sunflower House offers child therapy services, forensic interviews as part of abuse investigations, and prevention training programs.
Shawnee FLEX is asking young professionals and Shawnee Chamber members to donate $10 increments of gift cards to area gas stations and grocery stores like Aldi, Walmart, etc. to meet the immediate needs of families served by Sunflower House.
Donations can be dropped off at any of the following locations through June 8th. We encourage you to call ahead to make sure the location is open as hours for each vary.
- Shawnee Chamber of Commerce: 15100 West 67th St, Suite 202, Shawnee, KS 66217
- Phone: (913) 631-6545
- Edward Jones – Tim Deves office: 6339 Long Ave. Suite B, Shawnee, KS 66216
- Phone: (913) 631-1316
- Complete Construction Service: 5919 Barton Dr. Shawnee, KS 66203
- Phone: (913) 387-4796
- American Family Insurance -Brad Henry Agency: 12715 West 87th Street, Suite 102, Lenexa, KS 66215
- Phone: (913) 268-3000
- The June 8th Happy Hour at Barley's Kitchen + Tap (more info below and here.)
To commemorate and celebrate our donation drive, Shawnee FLEX and Sunflower House will host a happy hour on Tuesday, June 8th at local restaurant Barley's Kitchen + Tap in their private dining area. Gift cards will be presented to Sunflower House at that time and attendees can network Shawnee FLEXers and Sunflower House staff.
Find out more info and RSVP for the Happy Hour here, or via the link below: